Full-Stack Software Developer - Bioinformatics
Job ID 4006
We are seeking a full-stack software developer to join our Bioinformatics team and help bridge the gap between complex biological data and biological insights. We’re looking for a team player to be part of our group of driven and friendly software developers, someone who is self-motivated and creative, someone who takes pride in designing and implementing beautiful code.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in front- and/or back-end development, ideally using modern front- and back-end frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, Django)
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience designing a RESTful API
- You have experience with relational databases and ORMs
- You are proficient with git and version control
- You are mindful of programming hygiene (delivery of clean, reusable, documented and tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- You enjoy creating an intuitive and effective user experience
- You have good communication skills
- (Optional, but desired) You have experience with UI (user interface) and UX (user experience)
- (Optional, but desired) You have experience with AWS
- (Optional, but desired) You have some knowledge of, or background in biology, immunology or pharmaceutical sciences
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and developing interactive data visualizations for complex biological data
- Discussing needs and wants with (non-technical) users of the UI
- Contributing to the design, development and maintenance of the backend of a web portal powered by Django
- Developing API endpoints
- Working with the database administrator to coordinate changes to the database schema
- Writing specs, documentation and tests to improve maintainability
- Evaluating and prioritizing user expectations before jumping into implementation
- Lending a helping hand in other projects as needed for the success of the team
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, you won't just be redesigning another website or creating a copy-and-paste app experience. We know you've done that all before.
Here, we're solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - complex data visualization & analysis tools that leverage machine learning from rich data sets to revolutionize the way that scientists explore antibodies. This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it.
As a full-stack developer in the Bioinformatics team, you'll be solving new problems every day, helping us develop unique software tools that streamline our processes and make us leaders in the biotech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bring better therapies to patients.
You'll have the chance to work with the scientists and bioinformaticians who use the tools you develop, and will identify new software opportunities together. We're a growing company with a huge amount of data and the drive to be the best in the industry. We know we need a world-class suite of tools to do that, and we're looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 4006 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.