Sequencing and Molecular Biology Technologist
Job ID 3003
We are a young, collaborative and driven company with innovation at our core. As we grow our cutting-edge platform for antibody discovery, we are looking for a technologist to join our sequencing and molecular biology team. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and self-directed, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at minimum a BSc with at least 1-year additional academic or industry-related experience in a wet lab environment, or MSc in a relevant field
- You have experience in molecular biology techniques including cDNA synthesis and PCR
- You have experience with nucleic acid isolation from single cells and have built single-cell sequencing libraries
- You have worked with and maintained an RNA and RNase free work space
- You are familiar with next generation sequencing, especially Illumina platforms
- (Optional, but desired) You have worked in a high-throughput lab environment, with liquid handlers and complex sample and data tracking
- You are able to effectively manage your time, multitask and cope with changing priorities and still manage to complete projects on time
- You are highly organized and meticulous, with impeccable attention to detail
- You keep meticulous records of your experimental methods and results
- You are an effective communicator
How you might spend your days:
- Building next generation sequencing libraries as part of our standard pipeline
- Tracking samples from multiple projects
- Operating and maintaining automation robots and sequencers
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3003 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.