Job ID 1009
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech with an amazing team. We are not afraid of challenge and together we like to tackle tough problems. Our expertise is in the discovery of monoclonal antibodies, a potent class of therapeutics that can be used to treat cancer, immune disorders and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a receptionist who embodies our values. Someone positive and helpful to be the first point of contact for visitors, a supremely organized self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Our team and company are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone to help sustain that growth.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You take pride in helping others
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are reliable, punctual, resilient and hard-working
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You have obtained a post-secondary education degree
- You have prior experience as a receptionist
- You have the physical strength to lift and move boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
How you might spend your days:
- Greeting visitors with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Answering, screening and routing phone calls
- Helping to maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting access cards as necessary and maintaining visitor logs
- Receiving, sorting and distributing mail and shipments
- Scheduling meetings and appointments, organizing logistics for these meetings
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks such as ordering meals, setting up rooms for company events, making travel plans, and helping others, as needed
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1009 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.