Job ID 1007: IT Specialist
We are a young, collaborative, and driven company with innovation at our core. We are growing quickly and taking on the most challenging scientific problems, and we’re looking for an IT specialist to build and grow with us. We’re seeking someone who not only maintains our information and technology systems, but also puts a friendly face on user support, who does what it takes to ensure we are enabled by our computer and telecom systems.
At AbCellera, we’re use cutting-edge scientific techniques to revolutionize the way our scientists explore antibodies, and the scale at which they do this. This is life-changing research, discovering the next generation of therapies and bringing these therapies to patients, and it is only possible because of our diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists, all working together to solve the toughest problems. We know we need more than just the best technology, we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success and you could be a part of it.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and maintaining a sound information technology infrastructure for the company
- Developing and drafting policies and guidelines related to IT and data security
- IT-related on-boarding and ensuring our new team members are set up with computers that are functional, secure and backed-up
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues with networking, printers, software, etc.
- Ensuring all our machines are running compatible and up-to-date versions of operating systems and software
- Performing network maintenance, e.g. WiFi, cabling, phones, switches, VLANs
- Tracking inventories of hardware, software and warranties
- Monitoring and managing user authentication systems
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at minimum a degree/diploma in Computer Science or a relevant field
- You are competent working with Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems
- You have a working knowledge of information security fundamentals
- You have experience working as a Linux SysAdmin
- You are friendly, personable and eager to solve problems, both big and small
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- You are knowledgeable in advanced networking and TCP/IP including VPN and firewalls
- You have worked with LDAP/RADIUS and mail servers
- You have experience with cloud computing resources such as AWS and Azure
- You are familiar with DevOps and associated infrastructure
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1007 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.