Job ID 1007
We are a young, collaborative, and driven company with innovation at our core. As we grow and continue to take on the most challenging scientific problems, we are looking for an IT coordinator to maintain our information technology systems and networks. Our ideal candidate is someone who puts a friendly face on user support, who performs both technical and administrative tasks to ensure we’re enabled by our computer and telecom systems. We’re looking for someone who can build and grow with us. Someone self-motivated and creative, who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at minimum a B.Sc. in a relevant field
- You are competent working with Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems
- You have a working knowledge of information security fundamentals
- You have experience working as a Linux SysAdmin
- You are friendly, personable and eager to solve problems, both big and small
- (Optional but desired) You are knowledgeable in advanced networking and TCP/IP including VPN and firewalls
- (Optional but desired) You have worked with LDAP/RADIUS and mail servers
- (Optional but desired) You have experience with cloud computing resources such as AWS and Azure
- (Optional but desired) You are familiar with DevOps and associated infrastructure
How you might spend your days:
- IT-related onboarding and making sure our new team members are set up with computers that are functional, secure and backed-up
- Debugging and trouble-shooting issues with networking, printers, software, etc.
- Ensuring all our machines are running compatible versions of operating systems and software
- Tracking inventories of hardware, software and warranties
- Managing user authentication and passwords
- Performing network maintenance e.g. WiFi, cabling, phones, switches, VLANs
- Helping to develop and draft policies and guidelines related to IT and data security
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1007 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.