Job ID 1008
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a project manager to work with our scientists, partners and collaborators. We’re looking for someone with demonstrated experience in managing large-scale projects with cross-functional teams; someone who is adept at juggling multiple competing priorities; who enjoys finding creative solutions to unexpected challenges; and who takes pride in the order of a well-crafted Gantt chart. If you’re a self-motivated and supremely organized team builder who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, facilitating extraordinary science, we’d love to hear from you.
Required qualifications and experience:
- You have at minimum a B.Sc. in a relevant field - biology background optional but desired
- You have managed projects in the biotech industry, or in an academic research environment
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have excellent organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- You are adaptable and have the analytical skills to respond to rapidly changing priorities
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You have demonstrated leadership skills
- Optional but desired: You have experience with research ethics protocols
- Optional but desired: You have experience with grants administration
How you might spend your days:
- Managing project applications or work plan development; establishing project plans, budgets, milestones, deadlines, objectives
- Coordinating the launch of new projects
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress and finances
- Performing risk assessments and developing mitigation strategies
- Managing changes to the project within the constraints of scope, timeline and costs as required
- Developing and improving project management processes and best practices
- Facilitating internal project meetings, or meetings with partners
- Working with the Finance and Legal teams as appropriate
- Working with the Safety Officer and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance and safety
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1008 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.