Machine Learning Data Scientist
Job ID 5004
We are seeking a data scientist with strong machine learning (ML), analytical and communication skills to join our team. In this position, you will work at the forefront of cutting-edge ML, designing, developing and evaluating ML models, using large datasets and cloud services to fully automate our production workflow. If you’re energetic, self-motivated and execution-oriented, with a passion for building best-in-class ML algorithms, we want to hear from you! Don’t have a biology background? Not a problem - you don’t need one to excel here.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success taking ML models from the drawing board to production
- Experience working with modern ML frameworks such as Tensorflow and Keras
- Good knowledge of Python and C/C++
- Proficiency with version control
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Optional but desired: OpenCV, Numpy, Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Matplotlib
How you might spend your days:
- Training, developing and integrating ML algorithms
- Designing features
- Collating, analyzing, and annotating data
- Maintaining and improving performance and effectiveness of existing ML algorithms
- Building data infrastructure to keep large datasets organized and to automate data collection, feature extraction, and algorithm training
- Collaborating with other data scientists to perform code reviews and model evaluations
- Communicating directly with end users to define requirements
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – software and instrument/hardware designs combined with machine learning approaches that revolutionize how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us develop unique software products that make us leaders in the biotech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
You’ll be a part of our diverse and multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning. At AbCellera, we work hard and play harder at lots of other things like hiking, ballroom dancing, and Dungeons and Dragons.
You will also have the opportunity to interact with scientists from the cell screening and molecular biology teams, creating solutions to support their industry-leading research. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in our field. We have a world-class suite of instruments and now we need top-notch accompanying software to achieve our goals. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 5004 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.