Job ID 1010: Scientific Writer
We are seeking an excellent scientific writer to join our communications team. As part of our team, you will help us share news of our boundary-pushing scientific discoveries and our latest developments. You will work closely with our scientists, business development team, and communications lead to learn about our projects, uncover our stories, and share them with the scientific, funding, and biotech communities.
To do this, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about science and communication. Someone who knows their way around publishing scientific manuscripts and submitting grants. Someone who thinks clear writing is a thing of beauty.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an advanced degree in immunology, life sciences, or biotech
- You show a passion for science communication and are an excellent writer
- You have experience publishing scientific manuscripts and crafting grant applications
- You are meticulous and organized
- You are self-motivated and take pride in being a fast learner, a team player, and a creative thinker
- You work well with the Microsoft and Google office suites, GraphPad, and Adobe Illustrator
How you might spend your days:
- Identifying exciting science stories and helping us tell them by writing and editing scientific manuscripts, grant applications, and scientific abstracts
- Collecting and curating data
- Editing figures for consistency and correctness
- Managing manuscript and grant submission processes
- Sometimes helping with marketing communications (content pieces, social media posts, blogs)
- Doing well AND doing good, working on problems that really matter
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team developing the leading edge of antibody discovery technology
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators to keep pushing what is possible. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to keep us at the forefront.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1010 in your cover letter. Please also include at least one example of your written work with your resume.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.