Technical Recruiter - Software Development
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with the drive to tackle tough problems. We’re currently looking for a technical recruiter with a strong network in software development to help maintain that growth for our technical teams. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and energetic, who will work with our People & Culture team to drive our full-cycle recruitment process for our technical teams. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about contributing to AbCellera’s continued growth, who can think of nothing more satisfying than finding that perfect person to join an already amazing team, who believes, like we do, that the right people are the key to our success. We were featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies so this is an exciting time to join us as we continue to put the “tech” in “biotech”!
How you might spend your days:
- Sourcing top talent for high-impact roles across the different software/technical teams at AbCellera
- Partnering with hiring managers to assess talent needs and advising on talent strategies to find that talent
- Contributing your expertise on the software developer market, interview best practices, and effective recruiting processes to ensure we have a strong candidate pool and efficient strategy to find the right talent
- Managing the full-cycle recruitment process - drafting job descriptions, advertising available positions, pre-screening candidates, participating in the interview process, and conducting post-interview debriefs
- Working with your colleagues to develop innovative and robust recruitment and sourcing strategies to support AbCellera’s future growth
- Proactively maintaining talent pipelines while also ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Continually researching and analyzing best recruitment practices, and effectively implementing and communicating them across internal teams
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years recruitment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (a degree in a STEM-related field is an asset)
- You are tech-savvy and can confidently explain AbCellera’s tech stack to prospective candidates
- You have an in-depth knowledge of recruitment best practices including branding, sourcing, interviewing, and selection
- You are a strong team-player with solid interviewing and business acumen
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have in-depth experience with offer negotiations
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You excel at critical thinking, and can find creative solutions to unforeseen situations
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21066 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.