Internal Communications Specialist
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an Internal Communications Specialist to support our expanding team and drive our internal communications program within the People & Culture team. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and able to see possibilities, not obstacles, who will work to build and develop an outstanding platform with relevant content providing invaluable support to our employees. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about contributing to AbCellera’s continued growth, who can think of nothing more satisfying than designing the program to help all our employees connect with each other, our shared potential, and the awesome opportunity we have to learn and grow at AbCellera. You know that our ability to onboard, support, inspire and anticipate employee needs and interests is critical to helping our team develop their journey at AbCellera. The power of AbCellera is in our people. We are completely committed to their growth and development. You will be part of a team that will always work to help you succeed. The opportunity to strategically-do at AbCellera is exciting. Join us!
How you might spend your days:
- Developing and executing on innovative and robust internal communication strategies to support AbCellera's people and culture, including employee intranet and other communication tools
- Planning, editing and writing clear content for various internal communication mediums, including but not limited to employee intranet, regular bulletins, Slack, Town Halls, knowledge exchange presentations, and other tools to support outstanding employee communication
- Helping our team learn more about our business, organizational initiatives and projects, our learning journey, our successes, and our people
- Writing (and re-writing) policies to help all our employees find the answers to their questions, and anticipate their need to know
- Planning and organizing company events including conferences, retreats and community events to facilitate knowledge exchange and team building across the organization
- Effectively disseminating critical information to AbCellerites as change occurs
- Working closely with the Disclosure Committee and the Marketing & Communications team to share new information with AbCellerites in a timely manner
- Working with the Marketing & Communications and People & Culture teams to design and develop tools and systems to support AbCellera’s employer brand
- Supporting the onboarding and orientation of new employees, over that first year, by crafting and producing presentation, print, and digital content to welcome new employees and help them launch their journeys as AbCellerites
- Working with the learning and development team to make learning a central part of the AbCellerite’s journey and ensure content, presentations, and learning assets reflect our culture
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years communication experience (a degree in a STEM-related field is an asset)
- You have a demonstrated ability to imagine a system to support employee engagement and deliver on the development of such a system
- What you write matters, is clear & concise, and exercises creativity
- Technology is an asset in your ability to produce results
- You want to work with people who are driven and love working as a team
- You have enviable written and verbal communication skills and a spirit of creativity
- You take pride in delivering what you say you will deliver, and invite feedback along the way
- You are friendly and personable and able to contribute to a diverse and agile team
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You excel at critical thinking, and can find creative solutions to unforeseen situations
- You bring an ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and innovation
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21068 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.