Senior Front-End Developer
Job ID 4011
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up. Our developers are designing cutting-edge software that revolutionizes how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do this. It’s life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us to develop unique software products that make us leaders in the tech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
We’re a dedicated team of 100+ people based in the heart of beautiful Vancouver and we’re growing quickly! We recently won BC Tech’s 2019 Technology Impact Award for Company of the Year - Scale Success so this is an exciting time to join us as we continue to put the “tech” in “biotech”!
Our front-end developers enable our scientists to gain insights into the terabytes of data we generate every year. What kind of data, you ask? Data describing thousands of therapeutic possibilities for any given disease. All we have to do is mine this data to find the therapeutics with the greatest potential.
That’s where you come in. Your role, specifically, will be to expand upon the user interface of Celium, AbCellera’s antibody data visualization software (see recent publication). You will build new capabilities that will help scientists dig deeper into these complex datasets and choose the very best antibodies to move forward into therapeutic development.
Don’t have a biology background? Not a problem - you don’t need one to excel here! On any given day you might:
- Develop UIs that allow non-technical users to intuitively interact with data
- Communicate directly with users to define requirements in a tight feedback loop (many users will be just a few steps away)
- Design and implement beautiful code
- Lend a helping hand with other front-end development projects that enable data access via beautiful and informative interfaces
- Collaborate with other developers to perform code reviews, contribute to architecture design, and ensure our development and architectural approach conforms to accepted best practices
Our relevant tech stack:
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience in front-end web development
- Proficiency with Angular 2+, CSS, HTML
- Proficiency with version control
- Good software design practices: delivery of clean, reusable, documented and tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Knowledge of biology
- Experience with back-end development (NodeJS)
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Familiarity with DevOps (AWS, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of data visualization theory
Perks of the job:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street - with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
Introduce yourself by heading to our website to submit your application. Remember to refer to Job ID 4011 in your cover letter. We’ll be in touch if you’ve been selected for an interview.