Marketing & Communications Opportunities
Job ID 1017
Our Marketing & Communications team is growing!! We are seeking organized and strategic thinkers to help us promote our boundary-pushing scientific discoveries, latest news, and our brand. As part of our team, you will work closely with our communications lead, scientists, and business development team, as well as with the wider biotech and biologics communities, improving visibility and planning events that are fun and purposeful!
To do this, we’re looking for people who are passionate about science, business, and helping people. People who know their way around marketing and communications, who think executing a well-organized plan is a thing of beauty.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in science, biology, life sciences, or biotech
- You have some education or experience in communications and marketing (B2B)
- You have excellent written and oral communication, and you like speaking in front of groups
- You are diligent, organized and able to manage complex schedules
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You can assess a situation, design a course of action, and recruit help to implement it.
- You like to write (internal and external communications) or design visuals
- You work well with the Microsoft and Google office suites
How you might spend your days:
- Helping to identify high value conferences and events; then managing attendance, organizing abstract submissions and presentations, maintaining calendars and coordinating other tasks for those events
- Organizing and delivering pre- and post- conference group sessions and internal training
- Tracking, planning, and creating digital and social media communications, including website content
- Helping to plan and coordinate strategic events
- Writing scientific-based thought leadership content including blogs, whitepapers, and abstracts
- Writing science and business based media content like press releases, media summaries, awards applications, and press releases
- Designing science-based visual communications like posters and slide decks, and reviewing materials for brand consistency
- Designing and coordinating the execution of marketing campaigns to promote new offerings with current and potential clients
- Coordinate sign-offs for content and collateral
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street - with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators to keep pushing what is possible. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to keep us at the forefront.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1017 in your cover letter. Please also include any examples of your written or visual work you would like to highlight.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.