Marketing & Communications Manager (14-Month Maternity Leave Cover)
Job ID 1016
We are seeking an organized and strategic leader to join our marketing and communications team. Given the growth of the company, and the marketing and communications team, we expect the successful candidate will transition to a full-time role within the team, commensurate with ability and performance, following the maternity cover placement.
As part of our team, you will help promote our boundary-pushing scientific discoveries, latest news, and our brand. You will work closely with company leadership, scientists, external agencies, and business development team, as well as with the wider biotech and biologics communities, improving AbCellera’s visibility and promoting its business objectives. To do this, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about science, business, and helping people.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the brand, positioning, and visibility of the company and maintaining messaging alignment internally and externally.
We are looking for a sharp communications professional with a strong background in the biological sciences, technology, or biotech and solid knowledge across communications disciplines. The successful candidate will lead the marketing and communications team and continue to deliver high-level goals including increasing awareness through thought leadership and communications plans to support market positioning, scientific success stories, feature launches, and campaigns.
You’ll be comfortable working with the executive team and leading a dynamic team of scientist-communicators and external firms to execute the most impactful B2B marketing strategies and tactics that support the company’s mission and business objectives. You’ll need to navigate company structure, identify key stakeholders, and guide projects to completion.
How you might spend your days:
- Manage day-to-day public relations and communications operations, including management of the internal communications team and external agencies
- Work directly with the executive leadership team to report on communications activities and ensure alignment with business objectives and strategic messaging
- Work cross-functionally to develop press releases, talking points, award submissions, feature launch campaigns, visual communications, and coordinate content of marketing channels.
- Write and edit press releases, articles, award submissions, and other content with a high degree of consistency, accuracy, and scientific credibility
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to develop and disseminate communications initiatives and projects that drive business outcomes
- Represent the team and communicate its objectives internally
- Proactively identify opportunities and develop new programs to improve external communications in the market
- Work closely with the People & Culture team to develop and support employer brand
- Shape educational materials to build understanding of communication best practices
- Serve as both an individual contributor and cross-functional leader
- Monitor, analyze and report communications results regularly
- Stay abreast of industry and market trends
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a solid foundation in B2B communications best practices and broad knowledge of marketing channels and best practices
- You have a background or experience in the biological sciences or biotech (strongly preferred)
- You have experience working with executive teams to set priorities and communicate progress
- You possess strong interpersonal skills to manage external agencies, internal communication teams, and work cross-functionally to deliver communications objectives
- You have demonstrated an ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to maintain strategic direction and prioritize tasks
- You are comfortable tracking progress and plans clearly in order to handover projects with minimal disruption during cross-over periods
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to help identify strategic goals and then help get us there
- An attractive compensation package, including lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street - with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators to keep pushing what is possible. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to keep us at the forefront.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1016 in your cover letter.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.