Job ID 1031
AbCellera is a young, energetic and rapidly growing company. We’re looking for a project manager to work with our scientists, partners and collaborators to push the frontiers of science. Our ideal candidate is someone with demonstrated experience in managing large-scale projects with cross-functional teams; who is adept at juggling multiple competing priorities; who enjoys finding creative solutions to unexpected challenges; and who takes pride in the order of a well-crafted Gantt chart. If you’re self-motivated, supremely organized, a team builder, and you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing project applications or work plan development; establishing project plans, budgets, milestones, deadlines, objectives
- Coordinating the launch of new projects
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress and finances
- Performing risk assessments and developing mitigation strategies
- Managing changes to the project within the constraints of scope, timeline and costs as required
- Developing and improving project management processes and guidelines
- Facilitating internal project meetings, or meetings with partners
- Working with the Business Development, Finance, Operations, Legal and other teams as appropriate
- Working with the Safety Officer and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance and safety
- Closing out completed projects
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a M.Sc. or PhD in a STEM-related field
- You have some project management experience in the biotech industry or in an academic research environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are adaptable and have the analytical skills to respond to rapidly changing priorities
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You have demonstrated leadership skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A place in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1031 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.