Job ID 1018
We are seeking an organized and strategic thinker to join our Marketing & Communications team. As part of our team, you will help promote our boundary-pushing scientific discoveries, latest news, and our brand. You will work closely with our marketing and communications manager, scientists, and business development team, as well as with the wider biotech and biologics communities, improving visibility and planning events that are fun and purposeful!
To do this, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about science, business, and helping people. Someone who knows their way around marketing and communications, who thinks executing a well-organized plan is a thing of beauty.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing a sponsorship budget and strategically assessing high value conferences and events
- Managing conference attendance, organizing abstract submissions and presentations, maintaining calendars and coordinating other tasks for various events
- Coordinating the creation and execution of conference content that aligns with strategic messaging and new offerings
- Helping to organize, craft, guide, and polish conference talks
- Organizing and delivering pre- and post- conference training sessions
- Helping to plan and coordinate strategic and recruiting events
- Occasionally attending and helping with events (like recruiting fairs) outside the regular 9-5
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in science, biology, life sciences, or biotech
- You are diligent, organized and able to manage complex schedules
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You have excellent written and oral communication, and you like speaking in front of groups
- You can assess a situation, design a course of action, and recruit help to implement it
- You work well with the Microsoft and Google office suites
- You are customer and people oriented
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to help identify strategic goals and then help get us there
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street - with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators to keep pushing what is possible. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to keep us at the forefront.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1018 in your cover letter. Please also include any examples of event coordination you have been involved with.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.