Scientist – Mammalian Protein Expression
Job ID 3008
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist with experience in the field of antibody expression to join our molecular biology and expression group. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of technology developments in protein production, possess strong communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody expression to support the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on partnered projects related to the identification of high-quality antibodies. The scope of the work may include high-throughput expression of mAbs, expression of antigens, automation, and developing new capabilities for our pipeline.
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Supporting and participating in antibody production to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Creating networks in the industry concerning new equipment or technology to support and improve expression capabilities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative and systematic problem solver who enjoys tackling challenging problems
- You believe in teamwork to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You are interested in developing your leadership skills and are passionate about creating a highly collaborative work environment
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in the Biological Sciences (Cell Biology, Biotechnology or other relevant fields), or MSc with additional academic or industry-related experience in a wet lab environment
- Detailed understanding of the scientific and technological principles behind protein expression systems
- Extensive experience in protein expression using transient and/or stable mammalian cell culture systems, insect cells, or other eukaryotic systems
- Experience with high-throughput protein expression and/or protein expression using a Bioreactor is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Desirable but not required:
- Knowledge of protein expression detection methods including, Bio-Layer Interferometry, and Western Blots
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Experience in operating automated systems
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3008 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.