Scientist - Assay Development & High-Throughput Screening
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our dynamic Cell Screening team, focusing on assay development and high-throughput screening for the discovery of therapeutic antibodies from natural immune repertoires. We believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems.
The successful candidate will interact with a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and focused environment. The candidate is expected to be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically, and demonstrate scientific rigour.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on projects related to the identification of high-quality antibodies. The scope of the work will include optimizing and troubleshooting the development of screening assays for high-throughput antibody discovery and antibody validation
- Developing assays and cutting-edge technologies for antibody discovery against challenging targets
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analyzing and presenting data from high-throughput antibody discovery and validation screens
- Solving problems at a high level
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in a relevant field or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in a relevant field
- Experience with sterile techniques and tissue culture
- Experience with cell-based assay development and microscopy
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
- (Optional, but desired) Experience in immunology and development of antibody-based assays
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2005 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.