Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID 1038
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced accounts payable specialist to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for our accounts payable, ensuring that all invoices and transactions are posted and set up for timely payment. You will also assist with other aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process.
How you might spend your days:
- Receiving, processing, and coding invoices for payment approval
- Researching and identifying discrepancies and pricing issues
- Communicating with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Tracking of invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Adapting to evolving business needs requiring adjustments to payment and posting processes
- Supporting the Finance team with period close processing and other ad hoc reporting and analysis, as required
- Liaising with procurement and offering support where needed
- Assisting with external audit requirements
- Assisting with general operations where needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar role
- You are personable team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You think critically and show great judgement in your decision-making process
- You enjoy documenting your work meticulously
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1038 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.