Flow Cytometry Technician - Cell Culture and Screening
Job ID 2008
We are seeking a motivated, meticulous, and conscientious candidate with hands-on laboratory experience in flow cytometry and cell sorting to join our dynamic Cell Screening group. We focus on the discovery of therapeutic antibodies from natural immune repertoires, and believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems. We believe in investing in our people and facilitating their growth.
How you might spend your days:
- Setting up and maintaining the flow cytometers and sorters in our facility
- Performing cell sorting on a variety of primary tissue isolates and cell lines
- Performing flow cytometry-related assays for antibody discovery and validation
- Assisting with assay development and project execution, including marker panel design and testing, and identifying new sorting strategies
- Organizing reagents in common lab fridges, freezers, and consumable storage
- Ordering and managing inventory
- Performing routine maintenance of common lab equipment and organizing common lab spaces
- Supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and are willing to work flexible hours
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team-player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with related work experience in a wet lab environment, or MSc in relevant field
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- (Optional, but desired) Experience in cell culture and microscopy
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning, and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2008 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.