Business Development Associate
Job ID 1026
We are a rapidly growing, innovation-driven biotech company looking to expand our Business Development team. We believe that the most challenging problems in our industry can be tackled through teamwork, creativity, and mutual support. If you’re passionate, genuinely curious and like working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with the business development team, you will have a key role in generating and managing new business opportunities, while also helping with the launch of new partnerships and growth strategies. You will also work collaboratively with our executive, scientific, and communication teams and will travel internationally to represent AbCellera at scientific conferences and meetings with existing and prospective partners.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing and developing a pipeline of partnership opportunities, from early discussions through to proposal generation and close
- Analyzing the commercial and competitive landscapes to identify future growth opportunities
- Supporting the conception and implementation of new partnering strategies
- Engaging and interacting with existing and future partners to support partnership opportunities in person or over the phone
- Representing AbCellera at scientific and business conferences
- Collaborating with the R&D and communication groups to uncover partners’ needs and to solve business challenges
- Developing and implementing business research and sales/marketing strategies with clear timelines
- Preparing reports and presentations to update the executive team on the progress of AbCellera’s business development strategy
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a scientific background, preferably a MSc or PhD in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics
- You are curious, like to connect the dots, and are up to date with the current trends and dynamics of the biopharma industry
- You are able to synthesize complex and diverse types of information, and can complement it with intuition and experience
- You have experience in working through a deal pipeline and working with a team to bring deals to a close
- You have experience or education in business development activities with biopharma
- You like to work in a fast-paced environment where you need to adapt and respond to changes rapidly
- You like to engage with people and have a proven ability to speak in public confidently
- You are an effective problem solver, influencer, negotiator, and have a strong business acumen
- You have a demonstrated ability to think strategically
- You like to plan ahead and work in a highly collaborative environment
- You work well with Microsoft, Google, and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street - with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1026 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.