Technician - Molecular Biology & Expression Group
AbCellera is a vibrant company nestled in the heart of Vancouver with a dynamic and growing scientific team. Collectively, we form a passionate team of scientists, engineers and staff eager to adapt our technology to the challenges of modern medicine. We are seeking a like minded and highly-motivated scientist in the field of molecular and cell biology to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary molecular biology and expression group. The successful candidate will have strong laboratory skills in the field of molecular biology and or cell biology, as well as thoroughly developed written and presentation skills. Excellent time and data management abilities are essential for success in this role.
This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top growing biotech companies while contributing to our cutting-edge research on antibody design and advanced mammalian cell systems to support the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Participate in planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Operating and maintaining lab instruments and automation robots as part of our standard pipeline
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You enjoy working and communicating with like minded individuals to achieve collective goals
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are excited about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
Required qualifications and experience:
- A MSc in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other relevant fields) or BSc with additional academic or industry experience in a wet lab environment
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and plasmid preparation
- Experience with mammalian cell culture including transient or viral based protein expression in mammalian is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills in team-focused setting, and ability to analyse and present scientific data
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we strive to be at the forefront of research innovation by applying creative solutions at every step of our therapeutic antibody discovery pipeline. This involves employing the latest scientific techniques to advance our work including - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We pride ourselves on performing life changing research with imminent real world applications, and encourage you to become a part of it. You’ll join a diverse and interdisciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.We understand that success isn’t just about having the best technology. We know that we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3017 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.