Senior Scientist - Molecular Biology & Expression Group
AbCellera is a dynamic and rapidly expanding biotech company nestled in the heart of Vancouver, BC. As a company, we pride ourselves not only on producing cutting edge scientific advancements but supporting a holistic and welcoming corporate culture for staff. Collectively, we form a passionate team of scientists, engineers and staff eager to tackle the challenges presented by modern medicine.
Presently, we are seeking a highly-motivated scientist with a proven record of leadership and achievements in the field of molecular and cell biology to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary molecular biology and expression group. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the technological developments in the field, possess strong written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent time and data analysis and management abilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s fastest growing biotechs and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Providing leadership in the design, planning and execution of experiments in collaboration with your teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Solving high-level problems in molecular related to library construction, protein expression and cell biology
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of our dynamic team
- Communicating with industry and academic partners with project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You have demonstrated leadership skills, and believe that strong communication is integral to ensuring team success
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are curious about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
- You are excited about the prospect of directing your molecular and cell biology experience to driving therapeutic antibody development
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or other relevant fields) with a preference for post-doctoral experience in genome editing or (single) cell biology
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques including high-throughput cloning techniques, vector engineering and design, library construction
- Excellent communication skills in team-focused setting, and ability to analyse and present scientific data
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of antibody structure and function
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we strive to be at the forefront of research innovation by applying creative solutions at every step of our therapeutic antibody discovery pipeline. This involves employing the latest scientific techniques to advance our work including- custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We pride ourselves on performing life changing research with imminent real world applications, and encourage you to become a part of it. You’ll join a diverse and interdisciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.We understand that success isn’t just about having the best technology. We know that we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3018 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.