Laboratory Automation Technologist
Job ID 3012
We are a young, collaborative and driven company with innovation at our core. As we grow our cutting-edge platform for antibody discovery, we are looking for a technologist to join our laboratory automation team. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and self-directed, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Operating lab instruments and robotics as part of our standard pipeline
- Tracking samples from multiple projects using in-house and enterprise information management systems
- Testing and validating new automation methods written by yourself or other automation scientists
- Helping scientists to transition their manual workflows to automation
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents
What we’re looking for:
- An MSc in a relevant field, or a BSc with additional academic or industry-related experience in a wet lab environment
- Experience in molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques including working with DNA and proteins
- Experience with laboratory robotics and instrumentation, as a user or a programmer
- You are able to effectively manage your time, multitask and cope with changing priorities and still manage to complete projects on time
- You are meticulous and careful, but also able to identify and navigate projects through different phases of completion and release
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
- An interest in learning how to do simple scripting and visual coding
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- You have worked in a high-throughput lab environment, with liquid handlers and complex sample and data tracking
- A basic understanding of computer programming
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multidisciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3012 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.