Scientist - Cell Line Development
Job ID 3011
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist with proven expertise in the field of cell line engineering to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary molecular biology and expression group. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the technological developments in the field, possess strong written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent time and data analysis and management abilities. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research on antibody design and advanced mammalian cell systems which will support our team’s discovery of novel therapeutic antibodies.
How you might spend your days:
- Providing leadership in the design, planning, and execution of experiments in collaboration with your teammates
- Solving high-level problems related to cell line development and cell biology
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of the team
- Communicating project updates and deliverables to our industry and academic partners
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are curious about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
- You are excited about the prospect of directing your cell line development expertise to driving therapeutic antibody development
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or other relevant field) with a preference for post-doctoral experience in genome editing or (single) cell biology
- Extensive experience working with mammalian cell culture including transient and/or viral-based protein expression and establishing stable cell lines
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques including genome editing, library construction, and cloning techniques is an asset
- Knowledge of immune biology is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3011 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.