Cell Culture Technician - Molecular Biology & Expression Group
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with experience in cell and molecular biology to join our multi-disciplinary team in the molecular biology and expression group. The successful candidate will have strong laboratory skills in tissue culture and sterile techniques, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be meticulous and self-motivated.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody design and expression to support the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Participating in routine antibody production to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Maintaining mammalian cell cultures
- Freezing and thawing cells; maintaining cell stocks and freezer inventories
- Operating and maintaining lab instruments and automation robots as part of our standard pipeline
- Participating in the planning and execution of experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You are highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You think critically, are curious, and want to explore new technologies and opportunities to integrate automation to improve the antibody production workflow and process
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc in Biological Sciences with additional academic or industry experience in a wet lab environment, or MSc in relevant field
- Experience working with mammalian cell cultures including transient protein expression
- Experience with sterile techniques
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Experience in large-scale cell culture
- Experience in media formulation/optimization
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR and cloning
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3010 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.