Production Manager - High-Throughput Antibody Production
Job ID 3016
We are seeking a motivated, meticulous, and conscientious candidate with management expertise in protein production. As a Production Manager, you will support our Antibody Production team to coordinate our production activities for partner projects and R&D initiatives. The successful candidate will have great interpersonal skills, experience in project coordination and managing workflows, and a thorough knowledge of protein production and molecular biology.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing our high-throughput antibody productions to support partner projects and R&D activities
- Developing and improving our production management processes and guidelines
- Coordinating experimental procedures and allocating resources across multiple projects and teams
- Communicating production updates and deliverables to team members and project leads
- Collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You are passionate about developing and implementing new systems to improve efficiency and support growth
- You take pride in being a fast learner, team player, and creative problem-solver
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are accountable, reliable, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in the Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other relevant fields), or an MSc with additional academic and/or industry-related experience
- Experience with project management, preferably in the biotech industry
- Experience in protein production, either managing or performing wet lab work
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Bonus requirements, but not required:
- Experience working with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and/or quality control (QC)
- Work experience in a high-throughput environment
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3016 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.