Associate Research Scientist – Antibody Assessment
Job ID 7003
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with a fantastic team. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. We are seeking a self-motivated, Associate Research Scientist to generate key data for antibody characterization and assessment. This position will run experiments and build data sets we use to identify and characterize antibodies. The ideal candidate is excited to learn and apply key techniques to antibody analysis and to join a team focused on delivering the best antibody for the specific job. This is a great opportunity to help drive antibody characterization in a fast-growing, exciting biotech.
How you might spend your days:
- Running experiments to express, characterize, rank, and select antibodies from a large pool, using your knowledge and expertise to pick the best one for the job
- Assessing biophysical behavior of a group (sometimes quite large) of antibodies with a broad suite of assays
- Collaborating with teams across the company to generate data on these antibodies
- Running experiments using new technology to improve and invent new processes
- Generating large sets of antibody characterization data which will support ranking and triage during selection
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work well within teams to learn and optimize new techniques
- You understand the complexities of protein characterization and want to help find and optimize the best antibody for the specific job
- You want to be a part of a growing, dynamic team and to contribute your ideas and energy to optimize our antibody assessment processes
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in Biochemistry or Protein Engineering or related field
- Experience working with proteins and characterizing them
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Experience documenting and organizing data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A place in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 7003 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.