Technician - Sequencing and Molecular Biology
Job ID 3020
AbCellera is a young, collaborative and driven company with innovation to our core. As we grow our cutting-edge platform for antibody discovery, we are looking for a technologist to join our sequencing and molecular biology team. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly motivated and self-directed, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
Named on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, joining AbCellera proves to be an exciting opportunity to work at the cusp of innovation within the biotech world. As well as the opportunity to contribute to a larger cause as we strive to become one of the leaders in antibody discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Building next generation sequencing libraries as part of our standard pipeline
- Tracking samples from multiple projects
- Operating and maintaining automation robots and sequencers
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Communicating effectively with team members to help move projects forward
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at minimum a BSc with at least 2 years of additional academic or industry-related experience in a wet lab environment
- You are able to effectively manage your time, multitask and cope with changing priorities while still managing to complete projects on time
- You are highly organized and meticulous, with impeccable attention to detail
- You keep detailed records of your experimental methods and results
- You are an effective communicator
- You thrive when working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- You have experience in molecular biology techniques, including cDNA synthesis and PCR
- You have worked with and maintained an RNA and RNase-free work space
- You are familiar with next generation sequencing, for example Illumina platforms
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Full-time, permanent position
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3020 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.