Scientist - Protein Analysis and Bioconjugation
Job ID 2011
AbCellera is a vibrant, quickly growing biotech company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with expertise in the chemical modification of proteins to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary Cell Screening team. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and will act as an interface between the Cell Screening and Antigen Biochemistry teams. The position offers an exciting opportunity to use protein analysis and bioconjugation methods to enable cutting-edge research for the discovery of novel therapeutic antibodies.
How you might spend your days:
- Solving difficult problems related to chemical labelling of proteins and their conjugation to beads or to other proteins
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures with respect to quality control, storage, and modification of proteins
- Designing, planning, executing and troubleshooting experiments in collaboration with your teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Participating in the development of downstream applications such as assay development, antibody discovery and antibody validation
- Supporting and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are a creative problem solver that believes in teamwork to tackle challenging scientific problems
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person and fast learner in order to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious, and are motivated to explore and develop new technologies
- You are excited to apply your protein biochemistry experience to drive therapeutic antibody development
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc (with 3 years of work experience) or PhD in a relevant discipline (Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry) and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Deep understanding of protein bioconjugation chemistry (e.g. dye labelling, biotinylation, crosslinking), protein-protein interactions and protein structure
- Expertise in protein analytical techniques such as size exclusion chromatography, gel-electrophoresis, thermal stability measurement, biolayer interferometry, and SPR
- Experience in mammalian cell culture methods is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2011 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.