Production Coordinator - High Throughput Antibody Production
AbCellera is a vibrant and quickly growing company located in the heart of Vancouver. Collectively, we form a young and innovative team of scientists, engineers, and esteemed industry professionals, who are eager to revolutionize the field of antibody discovery. We are seeking a motivated, meticulous and conscientious candidate with laboratory management expertise in protein production. The successful candidate should be able to prioritize projects within the coordinator role, and be eager to take on a leadership role on the team as the position develops. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment and should be able to multitask, possess proficient written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating our high-throughput antibody productions to support partner projects and R&D activities
- Developing and improving production management processes and guidelines
- Scheduling experimental procedures and allocating resources across multiple projects and teams
- Communicating production updates and deliverables to team members and project leads
- Collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You are passionate about developing and implementing new systems to improve efficiency and support growth
- You take pride in being a fast learner, team player, and creative problem-solver
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are accountable, reliable, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- Are looking to further develop leadership and project management skills through a combination of professional development and direct onsite experience
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other relevant fields), or MSc with additional academic or industry-related experience
- Experience with leading/coordinating multiple projects preferably in the Biotech industry
- Experience in protein production, either managing or performing wet lab work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and/or quality control (QC) is an asset
- Experience in a high-throughput work environment is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in our beautiful new office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3021 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.