Associate Research Scientist - Antibody Production
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with a fantastic team. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. We are seeking a self-motivated, Associate Research Scientist experienced in mammalian expression systems to produce antibodies. This position will identify and optimize mammalian expression systems to maximize yield and quality of these antibodies. The ideal candidate is excited to learn and apply key techniques to antibody production focused on delivering the best antibody for the specific job. This is a great opportunity to join and to contribute to a team of antibody experts in a fast-growing, exciting biotech.
How you might spend your days:
- Identifying and optimizing various mammalian expression systems to express different quantities of antibodies to support their careful and complete characterization
- Using your expertise to produce high-quality antibodies at various scales
- Evaluating new technologies for mammalian expression and comparing the output of these different systems, especially to support antibody behavior assessment
- Collaborating with teams across the company to analyze data on these systems
- Running experiments using new technology to improve and invent new processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work well within teams to learn and optimize new techniques
- You understand the complexities of protein production and want to help find ways to optimize the entire process while supporting antibody assessment
- You want to be a part of a growing, dynamic team and to contribute your ideas and energy to optimize our antibody assessment processes
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in Biochemistry or Protein Engineering or related field
- Experience working with proteins (preferably antibodies) and especially in producing them
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Experience documenting and organizing data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A place in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 7004 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.