Data & Automation Analyst
AbCellera is a vibrant, quickly growing biotech company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera offers a unique interdisciplinary work environment that fosters a sense of scientific creativity and collaboration. Presently, we are seeking a highly motivated data scientist, well-versed in the analysis of complex biological data, to join our dynamic Cell Screening group. We focus on the discovery of therapeutic antibodies from natural immune repertoires, and believe that through teamwork, innovation and mutual support, we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems.
The successful candidate will interact with a diverse team, liaising between wet-lab scientists, bioinformaticians and computer scientists, in a fast-paced and focused environment. The candidate is expected to be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically and demonstrate scientific rigour.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating with different functional teams, with an emphasis on Bioinformatics and Cell Screening, to develop strategies for data analysis, curation, storage, presentation and interpretation
- Building automated analysis pipelines for a variety of data types derived from medium- and high-throughput experiments, including flow cytometry, spectrophotometry, spectrofluorimetry and microscopy
- Implementing and maintaining these analysis pipelines, ensuring data integrity, correctness and clarity
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and partners
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about data science and want to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities
- You take pride in being self-motivated, a fast learner, a team player and a creative problem solver
- Enjoy working on an interdisciplinary team and can effectively communicate scientific ideas across disciplines
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with related work experience, or MSc in bioinformatics or computational biology
- Proficiency in at least one programming language for analysis and data visualization (R or Python preferred)
- Background in life sciences: Cell Biology, Immunology or Molecular Biology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create flexible data analysis pipelines intended for use by others
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to identify key issues and succinctly describe them
- Driven to learn and master new techniques
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2012 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.