Job ID 3022
AbCellera is a vibrant, quickly growing biotech company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera offers a unique interdisciplinary work environment that fosters a sense of scientific creativity and collaboration. Presently, we are seeking a highly motivated scientist with expertise in integrated analysis and mining of complex biological data from a multitude of sources to join our Molecular & Expression group. We focus on the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies from natural immune repertoires, and believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems.
The successful candidate will interact with a multidisciplinary and dynamic team in a fast-paced and focused environment. The candidate will be adept at multitasking, problem-solving and critical-thinking, and will demonstrate scientific rigour in their work.
How you might spend your days:
- Using your understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry to analyze and interpret large multifactorial data sets for the purpose of driving drug-discovery, especially with regard to lead candidate selection and predictive analysis
- Facilitating effective communication between computational and experimental scientists, with an emphasis on bioinformatics and biology teams, in addition to other colleagues and partners
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Building automated analysis pipelines, including streamlining of data output and curation, for a variety of data types derived from high-throughput experiments (e.g. SPR, HPLC, DLS, Bio-layer interferometry)
- Leading initiatives to standardize data output and data analysis
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of a dynamic team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You are passionate about communicating complex data to interdisciplinary project teams
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD or MSc with work experience in a relevant field
- Background in the life sciences; Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology, or Molecular Biology preferred
- Proficiency in Python or R for analysis and data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to create flexible data analysis pipelines intended for use by others
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Excellent skills in data visualization and presentation of key findings
- Drive to learn and master new techniques
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3022 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.