Senior Graphic Designer
Job ID 1035
Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a seasoned Senior Graphic Designer to support our expanding marketing communications program. You have a full toolkit of visual wizardry up your sleeve and you thrive in experimenting with creative solutions with ego-free flexibility. We especially want to hear from you if you’ve designed for science or technology brands! If you don’t already have a biology background, don’t fret – just be ready for a crash course in immunology and drug development.
How you might spend your days:
- Design branded, technical assets such as bespoke iconography and visually meaningful diagrams / graphs using a range of 2D and 3D techniques
- Design branded web and print layout templates and applying them to campaign emails and landing pages, social media posts and ads, scientific conference posters
- Solve complex information design challenges involving highly technical verbal and visual content, including presentations, infographics, and white papers
- Under the guidance of the marketing communications team, you will also collaborate with executives and scientists across multiple disciplines: business development, research & development, people & culture.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design with 6-8 years of full-time agency and/or in-house design experience
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Cinema 4D (in that order) via the application of advanced tools: digital illustration and painting, blend and mesh modes, 3D geometries and modelling, texturing and particle physics, lighting and cameras
- Your portfolio includes extensive digital content such as webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media marketing
- Your portfolio includes commercially applied designs spanning multiple marketing channels under a unified brand
- Your portfolio includes hand-sketched mock-ups that demonstrates your process in ideation and concepting
- You have an advanced knowledge in designing for PowerPoint and Keynote. You have a working knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Word, and Google Suite. A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage colour profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous: you often identify gaps that most may miss
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A place in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1035 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.