Building Service Worker
Job ID 1036
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our Facilities Management team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a reliable and dedicated worker who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Perform the following building maintenance tasks as needed: (1) cleaning of washrooms, showers and office areas, (2) sweeping and mopping floors, (3) spills cleaning, (4) vacuuming, (5) exterior and interior windows and doors cleaning, and (6) high dusting
- Cleaning of back stairs, parkade, loading docks, roofs, electrical, mechanical, and storage rooms
- Maintaining exterior of the building and surrounding property to be clean and free of debris, including occasional power washing
- Managing inventory of cleaning and washroom supplies
- Performing building maintenance tasks such as light replacement, painting, drywall repairs, basic plumbing, furniture moving, and assembly
- Assisting Lab Management and Facilities teams with moving equipment and other building materials, supply management and storage, recycling and junk removal, and weekly lab cleaning
- Supervising contractors, based on guidance from the Facilities Manager
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a strong background in janitorial work and building maintenance
- Have a good working knowledge of WHIMS
- Can demonstrate basic handyman skills
- Have experience in adhering to all WCB and safety rules and regulations
- Are a self-starter and team player
- Have good interpersonal skills and comprehension of English language
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- The opportunity to work in our beautiful facility in Vancouver, BC (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, facilities workers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to JD1036 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.