We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly motivated and experienced Tax Manager to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, you will be responsible for all tax related tasks and projects, as well as helping our company navigate the tax impacts of our business development considerations. You will also be involved with relevant aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process.
How you might spend your days:
- Taking the lead in tax considerations impacting business decisions and providing tax related advice for key corporate initiatives
- Leading the full cycle of Canadian, US, and International Corporate Income Tax compliance ranging from data gathering, analysis, and preparation to review of deliverables prepared by external service providers
- Researching and building our Transfer Pricing policies and procedures
- Taking ownership of AbCellera’s Canadian (and equivalent programs globally) SR&ED analysis, filing and liaising with external tax preparers
- Taking ownership of domestic tax filings including GST and PST
- Assisting in GL management as it relates to tax documentation and preparation
- Initiating technical research and providing recommendations on complex or significant tax issues
- Proactively keeping current with changes in domestic and international tax legislation impacting the company
- Maintaining and growing the relationship with key company tax advisors and firms
- Supporting Corporate Development, Finance, and Legal with ad-hoc tax related issues
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an accounting designation and a minimum of 5 years of tax and accounting experience
- You have a broad range of tax knowledge, with several in-depth focus areas and are comfortable navigating complex tax issues independently
- You are passionate about digging into other areas of taxation
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1040 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.