Principal Scientist – Antibody Assessment
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with a fantastic team. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent Principal Scientist to lead antibody assessment and optimization. This position will help to shape the strategy and establish the processes we use working with our partners to identify and characterize antibody candidates. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about pursuing the best therapeutic antibody for each application. The ideal candidate knows what it takes to evaluate a large panel of antibodies and will work closely with partners to optimize around critical criteria. This is a fantastic leadership opportunity to help shape and implement the strategy for a fast-growing biotech.
How you might spend your days:
- Establishing and executing on a strategy for assessing biophysical behaviour of a set (sometimes quite large) of antibodies
- Collaborating closely with partners and communicating strategy and data
- Collaborating with teams across the company to set up practices to generate and efficiently analyze antibody characterization data
- Training and mentoring scientists at all levels
- Evaluating new technology to improve and invent new processes
- Taking large sets of antibody characterization data and making key decisions by comparing their biophysical behavior
- Compiling data and preparing reports to convey findings that supporting lead selection and optimization
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are self-motivated to assemble what’s needed to attack tough problems in a rapid, thorough, and systematic manner
- You know your way around antibody drug development, are highly collaborative, and love generating data that drives swiftly progressing antibodies
- You want to use our unique, industry-leading technology and analysis capabilities, all designed to help sift through and compare thousands of antibodies to find the very best for the specific biological purpose
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related field and 10+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating and progressing antibody therapeutics
- Sterling interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a leader in cross-functional teams
- A broad, deep knowledge of protein analytical technologies needed to support antibody biophysical analysis and ranking of candidates
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including presenting complex data publicly
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in designing protein immunogens and/or experience engineering antibodies
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 4 weeks’ vacation
- A place in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 7005 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.