We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our Facilities Management team as a Building Operator. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a reliable and dedicated worker who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Providing building operational support, such as scheduled maintenance of various building systems, policies and procedures, as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Obtaining quotes, scheduling and monitoring contractors and suppliers, and resolving any performance issues
- Assisting day porters with ordering cleaning and washroom supplies and maintaining an inventory
- Coordinating and performing minor handyman jobs, such as light replacements, painting, drywall repairs, basic plumbing, furniture moving and assembly etc.
- Installing, replacing, or repairing door hardware and maintaining key inventory
- Performing daily inspections and maintenance of parkades, loading docks, fire exits, and building exterior
- Monitoring and adjusting Building Automation Systems, like HVAC DDC and thermostats, lighting controls and sensors
- Assisting the IT team with equipment setup and relocation
- Assisting the Facilities Manager with: (1) short term projects to enhance building operational processes, (2) building-wide space planning and management, (3) facilitating renovations, equipment deliveries and installations, (4) building maintenance/operation issues such as elevators, HVAC and access control, (5) initiatives related to Fire Safety and Emergency Management.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Five or more years of relevant experience in maintenance of commercial buildings
- Strong handyman skills
- A knowledge of DDC and other building automation systems
- BOMI SMC Certification or SMT Designation, Power Engineer Class 4 or 5
- Other Facility Maintenance related certifications are an asset
- Specialized knowledge to define, clarify and streamline processes related to facilities, security, housekeeping, recycling, and various core services
- A good working knowledge of WHIMS
- A proven ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment in various situations
- Experience in adhering to all WCB and safety rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- The ability to work to deadlines with a diverse group of people, policies and procedures
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- The opportunity to work in our beautiful facility in Vancouver, BC
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, facilities workers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to JD 1042 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.