Associate Research Scientist - Antigen Production
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with a fantastic team. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. As our team expands, we are seeking an experienced associate research scientist with antigen production experience to join us as we continue to advance our therapeutic antibody discovery program. Our ideal candidate is someone who can build and grow with us - an expert multitasker who loves keeping up to date in recent technological developments in antigen production. If you’re self-motivated, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.
AbCellera was recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, making this an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of biotechnology, in addition to contributing to our cutting-edge research on antigen design.
How you might spend your days:
- Planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Maintaining cell culture and optimizing the expressing proteins
- Purifying membrane and soluble proteins using a variety of biochemistry methods
- Performing QC of proteins using biophysical techniques
- Analyzing and summarizing key data sets and results, and preparing research updates for internal review, including written reports and oral presentations
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Supporting your teammates to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities and cutting edge projects in protein biochemistry
- You value communication, and understand the role it plays in fostering a positive workplace environment
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other relevant fields) or BSc with additional academic or industry-related experience in a wet lab environment
- A strong knowledge of protein expression methods (e.g., plasmid transfection and baculovirus)
- Experience with protein chromatography techniques including IMAC, SEC, ion exchange, desalting and buffer exchange
- Some knowledge of analytical methods including gel electrophoresis, western blot, light scattering and binding affinity (e.g., SPR, ITC, BLI)
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to interpret, communicate, and document large data sets
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with insect cell culture is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3024 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.