Training & Development Coordinator
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We’re looking for a Training & Development Coordinator to support our employee development initiatives. As we grow, we see the need for the implementation of creative training events and educational programs that can help our team members reach their fullest potential. If you’re passionate about science and education, you thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, and you’re supremely organized, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and implementing training and onboarding programs for our Scientific teams, utilizing the latest technology to create and deploy training material, always with the intent to maximize the team experience
- Researching and creating training program resources, including standard operating procedures
- Evaluating training to ensure employees are meeting training milestones, and supporting new employees if milestones are not achieved
- Scheduling and coordinating training sessions with appropriate trainers and trainees
- Maintaining accurate and detailed training records, and ensuring certifications and training associated with the responsibilities of the position are up to date
- Liaising between the Learning & Development and Scientific teams, and helping the teams to implement new initiatives
- Delivering orientations, presentations and facilitating meetings with relevant departments
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are adaptable and can coordinate activities for multiple projects and tasks
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are passionate and curious about trends and best practices in learning and development
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc or MSc in relevant field (e.g. Cell Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, etc.) with a minimum of two years hands-on laboratory experience
- Experience and willingness to learn program development
- Knowledge of training methodologies and/or learning management systems
- Experience in graphic design and e-learning solutions (video production experience is an asset)
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21103 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.